By selecting accepting the terms and conditions I am requesting
access to information concerning my clients' accounts ("Account
Information") via the RiverSource website (the "website") and
representing that I understand and agree to the terms and
conditions which follow. I understand that unless I accept the
terms and conditions, the registration process will not continue.
1. Before I will be allowed to access Account information over the website, I will be required to create a User ID and secure Password. This User ID and Password will be used to verify my identity.
2. I shall be the only authorized user under this Agreement and agree not to disclose my Password to any other person or entity. Further, I shall be responsible for the confidentiality and use of my Password. I understand that I shall be solely responsible for all activity, and all transactions entered, using my User ID and Password and agree not to use the website for any unlawful purpose.
3. I further understand and agree, that as a condition of using the website to review Account Information, I shall immediately notify the Company at the Customer Service phone number as shown on the Contract Summary page if I become aware of:
a) Any loss or theft of my User ID and/or Password; or
b) Any unauthorized use of my User ID and/or Password; or
c) Any situation involving inaccurate or conflicting information related to the website.
If I fail to notify the Company when I become aware that any of the above conditions has occurred, neither the Company nor its affiliates and subsidiaries will have any responsibility or liability to me or to any other person whose claim may arise through me for any claims with respect to handling or mishandling Account Information.
4. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate my ability to review Account Information through the website, without notice and without limitations. Actions that could result in such termination, but are not limited to, the unauthorized use of my User ID and/or Password or any breach of this Agreement. In the event the Company terminates my Account access to the Website, the Company shall have no liability to me.
5. I agree that in no event will the Company or its affiliates and subsidiaries be liable to me or anyone else for any consequential, incidental, special, or indirect damages (including but not limited to lost profits, trading losses and damages that result from inconvenience, delay or loss of the use of the services), even if the Company or its affiliates and subsidiaries have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. I acknowledge and agree neither the Company nor its affiliates and subsidiaries shall be liable for loss resulting from a cause over which such entity does not have direct control, including but not limited to failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, and strikes or other labor problems. Some states do not allow limitations on how long implied warranties last, the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or the exclusion of certain implied warranties, so that these disclaimers and limitations may not apply to me. This warranty gives me specific legal rights, and I may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
6. I agree that any investment information I receive on the website or any affiliated site will not be used by me or my clients as the primary basis for investment decisions with respect to the assets of my clients. All such information is for informational purposes only, and completeness and timeliness cannot be guaranteed. For RiverSource annuities, contact Customer Service or refer to your official statements for additional reference.
7. Only active agents may access Account Information and Account Information may only be used to provide service to existing clients or sell additional products. You are not allowed to use this data to sell products from other companies, including products and services provided by affiliated entities.
8. Protecting personal and corporate information is important to us. Please review our Ensuring Security document. Use of this site involves electronic transmission of confidential account information. Use of this site constitutes consent to such transmission of this information and such consent is effective at all times when using this site. This system is restricted to authorized users. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access will be prosecuted. You are accountable for all actions taken with your User ID, whether taken by you or others using your ID.
9. I agree that the Company may, upon notice through an electronic service or in writing, add or delete the types of information and transactions available to me over the website. I also understand that the Company may change the terms of this Agreement, in whole or in part.
10. I understand and agree to the foregoing terms and conditions.