To register, you must accept the following terms and conditions. Please read carefully. Scroll to the bottom of this page to accept or decline the terms and conditions.
I understand that by selecting the "Accept" button I am authorizing the access to my account ("Account") information via the RiverSourceSM website (the "website") and that I understand and agree to the terms which follow. If I do not agree to all the terms, I understand that by selecting the "Decline" button, the registration process will not continue.
1. To access my Account information and request transactions, if available over the website, I understand that I will be responsible for creating a User ID and secure password. The use of this User ID and password will be used to verify my identity.
2. I also authorize RiverSource Life Insurance Company [in New York, RiverSource Life Insurance Co. of New York] (each, "Company") to process requests for certain Account transactions made over the website if transactional capability is available. These Account transactions may include but are not limited to:
a) Asset Allocation changes;
b) Investment election changes; and
c) Withdrawal requests;
3. I shall be the only authorized user under this Agreement and agree not to disclose my password to any other person. Further, I shall be responsible for the confidentiality and use of my password. I understand that I shall be solely responsible for all activity, and all transactions entered, using my User ID and password and agree not to use the website for any unlawful purpose.
4. I further understand and agree, that as a condition of using the website to request transactions or review my Account information, I shall immediately notify the Company at the Customer Service phone number as shown on the Contract Summary page if I become aware of:
a) Any loss or theft of my User ID and/or Password; or
b) Any unauthorized use of my User ID and/or Password; or
c) Any failure by me to receive a message over the internet informing me that the website has received my request for a transaction; or
d) Any failure by me to receive accurate written confirmation of a transaction or its execution within five (5) business days after entering the transaction through the website; or
e) Any receipt of confirmation of a transaction which I did not place, or any similar inaccurate or conflicting report of information.
If I fail to notify the Company when any of the above conditions
occur, neither the Company nor its affiliates and subsidiaries
will have any responsibility or liability to me or to any other
person whose claim may arise through me for any claims with
respect to handling, mishandling, or loss of any request for a
transaction, or of Account information.
5. I understand that the ability to request transactions via the website may be made available in the future. If it is, I agree that once I complete a request for a transaction it may not be canceled. I further agree that the website's records of the transactions will be binding on the Company and me.
6. I agree that the Company may, upon notice through an electronic service or in writing, add or delete the types of information and transactions available to me over the website. I also understand that the Company may change the terms of this Agreement, in whole or in part.
7. I represent and warrant that I will access information and request transactions, if applicable, only with respect to my Account.
8. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate my ability to review my Account information or request Account transactions through the website, without notice and without limitations. These reasons include, but are not limited to, the unauthorized use of my User ID and/or password or any breach of this Agreement. In the event the Company terminates my Account access over the website, the Company shall have no liability to me.
9. I agree that in no event will the Company or its affiliates and subsidiaries be liable to me or anyone else for any consequential, incidental, special, or indirect damages (including but not limited to lost profits, trading losses and damages that result from inconvenience, delay or loss of the use of the services), even if the Company or its affiliates and subsidiaries have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. I acknowledge and agree neither the Company nor its affiliates and subsidiaries shall be liable for loss resulting from a cause over which such entity does not have direct control, including but not limited to failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, terror acts and strikes or other labor problems. Some states do not allow limitations on how long implied warranties last, the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or the exclusion of certain implied warranties, so that these disclaimers and limitations may not apply to me. Any such warranty gives me specific legal rights, and I may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
10. I agree that any investment information I receive on the website or any affiliated site will not be used by me as the primary basis for investment decisions for my Account. All such information is for informational purposes only, and completeness and timeliness cannot be guaranteed.